Monday, August 17, 2009

Hockey at the Hebrew Academy, Who Knew?

Last night, after a 5 hour drive back from Cincinnati, a good meeting with the Next Dor Board and Michael Staenberg, and a solid dinner at Pi, I was ready to call it a night.

That is, of course, until I got a phone call asking if I wanted to play some floor hockey at 9:30 PM.

There are certain things that I am often accused of. Chief among them is probably the inability to say no. But, when offered the opportunity to play hockey, it was only a matter of getting enough details to make it work.

Where was it? I don't have a stick, can you provide one? etc.

Turns out, not only was the venue Epstein Hebrew Academy, the game goes down every Sunday night.

For a pickup game, it was pretty legit; real goals, goalie equipment, 15 minute halves. . . I got pretty worn out pretty quickly.

Getting home close to midnight (on a work night), drenched in sweat, exhausted, bruised, and sore. . .I'm still pretty pleased with the decision to play. In fact, I may make it a part of the Sunday routine.

No comments: